Thank you for viewing our general information page. If you are a new patient, please visit our forms section to expedite your first visit with Dr. Jen Gentry.
We consider an appointment to be an agreement between you and our office. When you schedule an appointment, we reserve that time exclusively for you. We are responsible to be here and provide our services, or to inform you otherwise. You are responsible for keeping the appointment or giving us 24 hours notice of cancellation. Unavoidable emergencies will be considered reasonable exceptions.
- If you miss an appointment without notifying us, you are responsible for the entire appointment fee.
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be responsible for a $30 fee.
In order for us to keep our services available to our patients, it is necessary to require payment at the time of your visit. Calvo Naturopathic is not a provider for Medicare, Medicaid or any other insurance carrier. Therefore, payment is requested at the time of service and/or when products are purchased.. We will provide you with invoices for reimbursement from Health Savings Accounts or for tax purposes at the end of every visit. If you do not retain your billing statements and require us to provide copies for you at a later date, there is a $5 search fee for each invoice.
Please remember that you are responsible for the total charge for each visit, regardless of whether your insurance company reimburses you or not.
Please pay for all medicines and supplements at the time that you pick them up, unless other specific arrangements have been made.
Balances older than 60 days are subject to additional billing fees of $20 per statement.
There is a $25 fee for returned checks.
If you would like to apply for a special payment plan due to financial hardship, please discuss this with our office manager or your doctor before your appointment is scheduled.
There is a free 15 minute consult available to all new patients.
After 15 minutes there is a minimum charge of $30.
About Our Fees
Your fee is based on the time we spend with you during your visit, the complexity of your medical condition, and any treatment we provide. But proper attention to your care also requires that the doctors, or members of our staff, spend additional time beyond that which we spend with you in the office. Such time may be used to:
- Create or maintain your permanent medical record.
- Review, interpret, and document all lab test results and communicate those results to you.
- Research, review and manage your case.
- Review current X-ray or scan reports, compare them with reports of previous scans, and when the studies are abnormal, consult with a radiologist.
- Prepare and mail consultation reports and letters suggesting patients come in for a follow-up visit.
- Consult via phone about your case with referring or consulting physicians and other health care providers.
- Prepare referral letters to additional specialists, as needed.
- Prepare patient educational materials.
- Conduct medical research relevant to your case.
- Conduct utilization review negotiations with hospitals and insurance companies.
- Draft letters of necessity to obtain medical services, instruments, or prescriptions that you need.
All these activities add to our cost of doing business. Still, we are committed to providing you the best possible care at the lowest cost. We hope this explanation of our fees has been helpful. With you, our patient, we look forward to a lasting and healthy relationship.
~ Jennifer Gentry, NMD.